Wednesday 31 August 2011

CPD thing 8 and 9: Organised Chaos

I have signed up to and had a look through Google calender and it's features. I can see why it would be very useful. I haven't had the chance to use it much though because we use Microsoft Outlook calendar in our library. It looks quite similar from what I can see and we use it for all sorts including timetabling, bookings, time off, events etc. We can link our own individual calendars into the library one and sync up. This proves particularly useful with our managers busy schedule as we are able to see when she will be in or out of her office and arrange meetings with her accordingly.

Evernote is completely new to me. I have been unable to download it on to my work computer at the moment as I am hot-desking. I have now downloaded it onto my phone though, so I will blog about my progress as I get more familiar with it.

1 comment:

  1. Even if you are hotdesking, have you contemplated using igoogle and setting it Evernote up as a widget?

    ReplyDelete